Wednesday 26 August 2015

The home made sugar mouse

The Sugar Mouse

Read on if you want a nice easy and quick recipe for sugar mice

I actually learned how to make this when at the last minute I decided I wanted an old fashioned candy buffet at my wedding and thought-wouldn't it be super fun to make it from scratch.....kind of

I stood in my mums sadly black and white decorated kitchen-which I am sure she decorated like this to know when I had been baking-and made these for hours on end due to only having one silicon mouse mould.....I can laugh now but at the time I wanted to repeatedly punch myself in the face/buy another one

So super easy to make, good fun and super tasty

What you need

A block of fondant icing
Different food colouring choices
A pan
A palette knife
A mouse mould-minus the mice

 




Cut quarter of a fondant icing block into pieces and pop them in a pan on low heat, this will make 6 mice of the same colour
Keep stirring to make sure it all melts evenly

Once melted add a few drops of colouring at a time until you get the colour you want and at this point add the flavouring if required

Now, you have to be quick about taking it off the heat and spooning it into the mouse mould-I use a palette knife to do this as the fondant becomes quite stringy as it starts to set fast.



Once in the moulds use the palette knife to smooth off the mould where each mouse is now nicely setting to make sure they all have flat bottoms

Leave to set for about 20 mins then pop out of the mould

Decorate with little eyes, tails or get inventive and give them a moustache and some nice little jackets and trousers

...............stuff your face

And there you go, your very own nice and easy sugar mice recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything to ask? any comments? just pop them here and i will be back soon